Tuesday, September 4, 2012

all i have is christ

 
 This is one of the most powerful songs I know. I cry just about every time we sing it at church.
Every single word just has so much meaning, I mean, just the chorus alone.....wow.
"Hallelujah, all I have is Christ. Hallelujah, Jesus is my life."
 
Is Jesus your life? Can you honestly say that He IS your life?
It is so difficult to even grasp what that means, to grasp the fact that we are not even in the picture.
What we want doesn't matter, what we think is best doesn't matter,
what makes us comfortable doesn't matter, we don't matter!
Every time I hear this song, it is such a slap to the face.
It reminds me that I have not fully given my life over to God, Jesus isn't the center of my life, and that I am still holding on to the world and my selfish hopes and dreams.
 
The very last verse always drives it home for me.
 
"Now Lord I would be Yours alone, and live so all might see
the strength to follow Your commands could never come from me.
O, Father use my ransomed life in anyway You choose
and let my song forever be, 'My only boast is You!'"
 
That verse right there is my prayer for every single day for the rest of my life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment