Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas eve surprise


Today I made a special Christmas eve lunch for my family. I saw both of the recipes on Pinterest and thought they looked cute and easy! It took me a little while to make everything, but the surprised look in my family's eyes when they sat down to the fancy, fun meal made it all worth it.

The pancake reindeer I made. The antlers are made out of bacon, and the eyes and nose out of chocolate chips.

 A yummy Christmas parfait I made. The recipe can be found here.

I am not much of a cook and do not enjoy working in the kitchen very much, but I really wanted to help Mom out and make a special surprise for the family. Surprises are so much fun aren't they? I almost think they are more fun to plan and create than they are receiving them........even though I like that too.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas eve!


2 comments:

  1. You made all this??! Those pancakes are soo cute! haha I love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes i did! it took quite a while....but it was worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete